Vocab 1 - Modest
Modest - A person is modest if he or she is very successful but does not call attention to this.
Example - He is too modest to show off his accomplishments.
Modest also means "big enough but not huge" — like a modest house or a modest income.
Example - I have a modest income.
An ambitious person will not be satisfied with modest progress.
Example - These are modest achievements, and they are not enough.
Modest also refers to proper or decent dress and behavior especially in women. Although this is considered dated today, modest is still used for people who are shy about showing their body. If you are modest, you might wear your t-shirt when you swim.
Example - A lady should always be modest.
Now Participate / Assignment:
1. Give me 3 synonyms and sentences of the word Modest.
2. Give me 3 antonyms and sentences of the word Modest.
1. Humble - He is a humble man. He doesn't show off.
2. Meek - She is a meek woman who does not get aggressive with people.
3. Simple - Their modest and simple home was very beautiful.
Group Link for the whatsapp group - https://chat.whatsapp.com/C6RoB7rr7SZD5gH3ty8p5C